WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Election Div (more from the Aftermath subsection)

I'm feeling less worse than I was yesterday - amazing what ten hours of sleep after being awake for forty hours will do.
Several reads this morning helped me begin to regain my perspective. First this (I've omitted the authors's name, but you can find it via this link if you really need to go there):

"Not all bad news after election
Today is Nov. 9. Last night there was an astonishingly beautiful sunset here: it reminded me that I have loved living in South Dakota.
The election, which apparently was not “rigged,” is over. Many millions of people voted for the Republican candidate. The house first lived in by John Adams will be home to someone who does not read and distrusts science. The person who called our military a “disgrace” will be commander in chief. The leader of the free world will be someone known the world over for his vulgarity and greed. We survived WWII and will have an anti-Semite in the White House. Our diplomatic relationships with other countries are in danger. My teenage daughter is weeping. The people who voted for him, and the people who did not bother to vote, will have the president they want.


But there is good news. The democracy my ancestors fought for works. And provided Mr. Trump does not have himself declared Emperor, it will work again four years from now. Meanwhile, I look forward to the apologies from the people who have so little respect for our electoral system that they called it “rigged.” That will be sweet."
Read some of the bloggers I follow and will recommend these for your consideration:



My own words will have to wait for a bit -- thanks to these others that have expressed my surpressed outrage.


No comments:

Post a Comment