WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Friday, August 23, 2013

Next time, take the bus Div

One of the nice things about my little job Driving4$$, is that when you encounter an asshole, you probably won't ever see them again. (added - this isn't to say that every pax is like this, in fact, the vast majority are pretty nice people.)

Yesterday's jerk told me so, even before he even got in the truck. He advised me that he wasn't satisfied with our service and would never be using our company again. (He was mad because when he made his original reservation, it was for the wrong departure airport and upon his return, we were unable to pick him up where he wanted  - - we are not allowed to go to that location on the airport).

Anyway, after loading up and heading out, he asks if I can drop him off at the dealer where his Porsche is being serviced (three blocks from his home - no problem). I safely battle the Beltway and drop him off at his requested destination, whereupon he tells me that he "usually" gives larger tips; but because of his displeasure with "our" performance and the good old "I know that's not your fault" set up, gives me a fin.

I informed him, politely, that he was penalizing me for someone else's performance and mistake;  I wouldn't accept his worthless apology and didn't want his money. I then gave him back the bill and told him he could use it for gas in his expensive car and "next time you travel, drive yourself. I'm overjoyed you won't be using our service."

I don't know of where he could get a "class" lesson for five bucks.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment