WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bible div

Isn't it great that just about anything or anyone can be praised, condemned, justified, banned, encouraged, discouraged and so on by almost randomly picking out some passage of Scripture ???

Out there in Kansas, and it's not the only place a verse from Psalm 109 is being construed as a prayer to remove the President. Some say that it's an incitement for a violent and premature end to Mr. Obama's Presidency. Ah well, it's the Bible and it pretty much depends on your point of view.

Now, what if . the President decides to go to a church,  give the reading from the Old Testament and choose Psalm 109: which begins:


1 Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;
2 for the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me:
        
they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred;
        
and fought against me without a cause.
4 For my love they are my adversaries:
        
but I give myself unto prayer.
5 And they have rewarded me evil for good,
        
and hatred for my love.


Now, I guess a reasonable person may be tempted associate a face to surrounds that "mouth of the wicked (or deceitful)" - -  the uncharitable among us might call to mind John Boehner or Mitch McConnewhom the later verses call to have visited upon them all sorts of nasty things  - - unto whole generations  - - ( it does leave out more graphic things like pustulating sores and such ) . well you get the picture.

Imagine the explosion of viperous flak from the likes of Rush, Glen, Bill O  ........ well, you get the picture.

But, take it from Proverbs 18 :


7 A fool's mouth is his destruction,
        
and his lips are the snare of his soul.












No comments:

Post a Comment