WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Friday, August 16, 2024

Thank You for your Service Div (Sorrow Subsection)

This morning, I attended the burial service for a long-time friend's son; killed in a senseless accident while fueling the family car in Castle Rock, Colorado.

I've known his parents for fifty years; flew with, pulled SAC Alert and lost innumerable money at the poker table with his father for over almost four years. We were the "battery" of the 4th Airborne Command Control Squadron's softball team (he pitched, I caught) and I attended his parent's wedding so many years ago.

After hugging his Father, I came home and cried for several hours.

I was then greeted by the words of a major political party's presidential candidate denigrating the significance of the Congressional Medal of Honor. Although my friend's son did not receive this honor, the remarks shame all who have served; especially those who gave their lives in our Nation's service (whether in combat or not).

I cannot say enough about the military service of my fellow citizens. I served. My Father served. My uncles served. My many friends served. And many of those "gave that last full measure."

The next time  you tell a veteran "Thank You for your service," remember (if your remarks are sincere) to mark your ballot accordingly in November.


So long Macho .... fly safe in Valhalla ...... wings level, CAVU.

No comments:

Post a Comment