WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Friday, August 9, 2024

Goodbye to Puppyhood Div (Happy Birthday, Banjo subsection)


 Back in October, I happened upon Mrs Bear looking at pictures of Corgis on her computer. When I asked what she was doing, she informed me that she wanted to give me a puppy for my upcoming birthday.

I was quite surprised. I had Corgis when I lived in England in the 80s  - -  Blood sisters, twenty months apart that each lived to be 13 and  broke my heart both times. 

So off we went twenty miles south to Diamond K Corgis to see their newest two litters (red/white and tri-color).

This little ball of fluff immediately caught my eye and we took him home a month later. I think his "Yoda" impression had something to do with it.


Since then it's been an adventure and a pleasure (tho frustrating occasionally) to watch him grow, learn and discover all the things a puppy can find. 

On Boxing Day, we had a snowstorm -- his first exposure to the white stuff. It was hilarious watching him try to catch the flakes and dive into the banks of snow. He's acquired the Lakota name of Banjo Nose In the Snow !

As the year has gone by, he's discovered birds, bees, deer, squirrels and best of all, Bunnies. 

He's taken me for at least three "adventures" every day sometimes for a total of 15 or 20 thousand steps. My blood pressure has dropped, my weight and waistline decreased and my mood has brightened. He's sort of like Prozac on a leash.

Today he celebrates his first birthday and leaves puppy status behind (tho I don't think he'll ever stop trying to be one. He's 29 Pounds of lean solid muscle and boundless energy.

                                                             HAPPY BIRTHDAY BANJO.


No comments:

Post a Comment