WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Friday, June 28, 2013

Ouch !!!! div

One of the harder things about living in a townehouse is that you can't always get from front to back easily.
Unloaded the kayak from the car this morning and put it on the cart for the hike around the units and through to woods to my back deck. As I was removing the bungees from the cart, I was attacked by a swarm of these:

Was stung four times - hand, arm, ankle and thigh before I escaped into the house. Two of the little bastards followed me in and met with a violent end ! Found a couple of Benedryl and swallowed them. No respiratory problems but the "bite sites" sure sting !!!

Guess I'll have to "armor up" and scout the woods for the nesting site.





1 comment:

  1. years ago I put out large bowl or plant saucer of daily refreshed cool water to stop thirsty squirrels from chewing 'maters and the yellow jackets showed up. I've not been bothered by pissed-off 'n thirsty YJs since.

    ReplyDelete