WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Travel ... div

In all my years in the travel business, I never heard anyone reminisce about an airplane ride they'd had (except to comment on how unpleasant the experience was) ......... but a train ride, .......... never a bad word; and the look on the teller's eyes when relating the experience - indescribable.

I'll never forget the ride from Ashfork, Arizona to Chicago on the Santa Fe's Super Chief (and then on the NYCentral and the New York, New Haven and Hartford) in 1954.
 At one point on the domed "Senic-car", I, as a youngster, ordered drinks (something for my Mom, a "ShirleyTemple" for my Sister and a "Roy Rogers" for me) and when paying , telling the wonderful Black porter gentleman to "keep the change."  I hope Muley's "brother" appreciated it  - -  I sure did - - - and still do.

Steve Spurgin is a wonderful singer and songwriter  - -  google him


No comments:

Post a Comment