WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Sunday Remembrance

Gordon Lightfoot passed away on May 1st from natural causes, he was 84 years old. I've listened to him and performed some of his songs back in my "folkie" days of the 60s.

Bluegrass Today has an excellent obituary that contains videos of many of the bluegrass artists that have covered his work over the years.

My personal favorite line of his poetic genius is from I'm Not Supposed To Care:

                             I wish you good spaces in the faraway places you go,

                             if it rains or it snows,

                              May you be safe and warm,

                               and never grow old.

R.I.P., Gordon Lightfoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment