WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Love Div (Letting Go Subsection)

Earlier this evening, I scattered the ashes of my late wife Diana.
I'm back in Maryland packing up the house for my move to the Black Hills. So many memories and reminisces.
I went down to a place on the Little Patuxent River, which flows nears our home of 22 years, sat on the bank and had a long talk (and yes, a cry) with her telling her of how much I loved our life together, our home, her cooking and how devastated I was when she passed away so suddenly. I told her that a smidgen of her ashes were placed in a Chico's store and that some would be spread in places from her childhood that held special memories.
While standing in the water and scattering one handful at a time, I told her of the journey she would be taking - down the Little Patuxent to the Middle Patuxent to the Patuxent, the Chesapeake Bay and finally, the Atlantic to join with her brother.
As I was walking away, I turned back to look at the river and think about my letting go. A heron came  in and landed to start his fishing -- I couldn't help but think that her spirit was there saying "it's ok."
When I got home, I mixed a manhattan (her favorite cocktail) and Judy (my fiancé ) and I mixed a portion of her remains with the whiskey and poured it over the roses she planted just before she passed away. I hope she's happy.


Goodbye Diana, enjoy the journey - I'll never forget -- Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment