WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Sunday, February 9, 2014

LOVE Div (Happy Birthday subsection) ***

Today is the date of my late wife Diana's birth.

We celebrate our birthdays as the completion of another year (as in Español: Cumpleaños ).  Of course famous historical figures get national holidays declared for them (which mostly seem to be a celebration of retail, long after their accomplishments or contributions are forgotten). If that's the case, they certainly should declare one for my lovely Diana  - - Chico's Day maybe ??
I'm somewhat conflicted on just how to consider today. It's obviously a remembrance, but certainly not (at least for me) an occasion for celebration any longer. 

I'm sure that the blonde bombshell of cosmic energy that is now pin-balling about the universe as Diana, has a thought or two on the subject, but I won't be privy to what they are. Perhaps she's contemplating all the other things that have happened on this date in the past. Perhaps she's wondering what sort of card I found myself looking at several times over the past few weeks. Perhaps she's just walking Darcy and Alexis (the wonder Corgis). 

Diana always missed going out for dinner on her birthday. It so closely coincided with Valentine's Day that it was almost impossible to get a reservation and the crowds made a nice celebration, reasonable menus and unhurried service nearly impossible. We would normally wait until two or three weeks afterwards and then get together with friends for a relaxed evening out. For the actual day, I would usually go out and get a large lobster steamed and bring it home for her. Being a New England girl, it was her favorite (and she could usually have the whole thing shelled within five minutes or less).

 ………..And so my dear, departed, darling; Happy Chico's Day - and  here's a memory - -  Enjoy!


Love …………… Always,
Bear

*** Apologies to the mini-bears that manage the Geography Division  - - no map this week. (Hell, I'm the owner, I get to decide  - -  besides, they went somewhere warm to "chill out").

No comments:

Post a Comment