WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shipwreck Div (floating disaster subsection)

And they call it one of the Fun Ships.

When I was in the travel business, I occasionally had to deal with a client that had a bad experience on a cruise. Once I was criticized because the laundry facility closest to the clients cabin was out of service - "very inconvenient." Changes in itinerary were often bitched about, but I told clients that I had no control over the weather, Coast Guard or foreign governments. Usually, they understood.

I can't imagine what abuse any agent is going to receive over this debacle, but if the reports from the passengers are true (and I have no reason to doubt them) it's going to be a real shit-storm.

Carnival always (in my experience) was at the low end of the "desirability" ratings for the big-ship cruise operators. Their fares and itineraries more low-budget and high-volume oriented. But lately, their record of performance hasn't been that great. The Carnival Splendor and the Costa Concordia failures certainly haven't added to the Line's popularity.

Apparently, they're providing the passengers with free beer and wine though, with almost no toilet facilities operating, I'm not sure that's a great idea. I've got a feeling that the hull will require a pretty thorough sanitizing, not to mention the rest of the ship.



No comments:

Post a Comment