WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Friday, March 2, 2012

Customer Service (not) div

Two years ago, we completely gutted and remodeled our kitchen  - -  after 30 years with me, the Goose Girl had more than earned it.  New layout, all new (state of the art) appliances - purchased through Sears. For six months after its completion, the Goose Girl would go down in the middle of the night just to sit with it !!! Needless to say, my gourmet cook wife loves her kitchen.

Two months ago, the cook-top starts to act up  - -  some computer code that resets after the breaker is cycled. We call it in for service (yeah, we purchased the warranty), the guy shows up and says that part of the wiring harness is pinched. He does his magic and leaves.
Last week, it starts up again  - - same thing. We call it in and repairman #2 shows up  - -  "oh dear, you need a new touchpad, I've ordered the replacement and rescheduled you for next Friday." At this point, the cooktop still works, but bears watching.

The parts show up (it's the whole glass cooktop) and today, repairman #3 shows up. He doesn't bother to introduce himself, and asks if the parts are here. I reply that they are on the landing in that 2X4 foot box. He remains rooted in place until I move and carry the box upstairs. He manages to cut the tape and has some problem lifting the cook-top from the package. I suggest we set it on the floor to preclude breaking anything.

He then proceeds to attempt removing the old cooktop (I had to ask if he wanted me to disable the circuit). After 35 minutes, he's still fumbling with it with all the understanding of a hog lookin' at a wrist-watch. I call Sears, and say that this ain't workin'. I reschedule the service and tell XX (still don't know what to call him)  that it appears he hasn't the faintest idea of what he's doin' (politely) and ask that he reassemble it since someone else is going to do the repair. He manages to get it back together (although I - and neither did he -  have any idea what the purpose of the left-over, unattached screw was). I reset the breaker and now get another code and all controls flashing.

I call Sears and request that someone come out tomorrow to make right what this yahoo has totally screwed up. I talk to Jo (think it's short for JoBollywood)  and she repeatedly apologizes for the inconvenience  - -  hope we don't need to boil water !! I ask if she has any authority to get some action  - -  she apologizes (I think her authority ends at "apologize"). I ask to speak with a supervisor and after 10 minutes on hold speak with Tony ( I think "supervisor" means someone with less accented English).

Tony offers to send the repairman (#3) back. I ask if he would like the doctor that screwed up his operation to make the repair ?? He sounds flummoxed and makes the same offer. I inquire whether or not there is any repairman in the entire mid-Atlantic region that can't be dispatched this evening or tomorrow ?? Again, he offers to send #3. Arrrrrghhhhh ..............

What pisses me off is that the guy sent had no idea of what he was doing. He certainly could have called "tech support" (and we suggested it) but refused.

Seems that (like I've said before) after cutting employees, the next thing on the block to enhance the increase in "shareholder return" is training.

No comments:

Post a Comment