WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Apology div

I always thought that an apology was more than simply admitting you were wrong. An apology implies, yea demands, a cessation of the apologized activity and promises to "do better." I think the word the Catholics would use here is "contrition"

I don't think it's going to  happen with Rush. To close an "apology" with  "My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices." certainly doesn't say " I'm sorry."  What it really says is,  "... shit, I've really fucked up and this is gonna hurt me in the wallet. Wish I'd been a little more polite. Maybe I shouldn't have called the slut a slut or a prostitute; gotta buy a Thesaurus"  Yep, that's Rush; always classy. 


Natch, IOKIYAR applies here and most (but not all) of the hierarchy and hangers on are soft pedaling their responses to keep from hurting his feelings.


I don't always agree with Kathleen Parker, but her column in today's Washington Post contained on of the most prescient quotes I've heard on the matter:    "The image suggested is equally degrading to Limbaugh, given his obvious familiarity with “watching,” and invites unflattering speculation. To wit: It is entirely possible that Limbaugh himself never needed contraception in college, but virtue in the absence of opportunity is hardly a moral triumph."


Trust me, he ain't a gonna change.



No comments:

Post a Comment