WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Keep Your Hands to Yourself Div (Military Subsection)

I guess that the number of female type persons in the military has increased over the past 25 years since I retired. That isn't to say that they weren't around back in the days. I even remember some of the first female aircrew members  (and the associated male attitudes and comments). Needless to say, the ladies were really up to the task and probably felt that they had to be twice as good as any guy just to measure up and be accepted - - - talk about threatening !!.

When I was single, I dated female service members, though never enlisted and never any woman that worked with or for me.

I found the gals (no slur intended) that worked for me to be competent, motivated and above reproach. I also knew guys that made fools of themselves around female contemporaries (and subordinates) ... and a couple that made complete shambles of their marriages and/or careers by letting the "one-eyed worm" dictate their actions.

The current (and seemingly endless) chronicle of the Air Force's problem (and the military's in general) is troubling. I could never imagine that the CIC would have to put out the word that it was unacceptable.

The histories surrounding the stalled/failed careers of two Air Force flag officers make me shake my head in wonder. The arrest of a Pentagon staffer (ironically in charge of the program to prevent sexual harassment) is the frosting on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment