WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day of Disaster !!!! div (aftermath transportation subsection)

Well, interesting day of Driving 4$$. I love my 'lil job  - -  every day is an adventure.

Start off with a call from dispatch to be on the lookout for a couple going to Northern Virginia - "not on your manifest." Turns out they were on the the Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas, that had sailed from Baltimore, and had luckily been safe from the fire.
When I was a travel agent, I used to get beat up for stuff like this !!!



Next up is a couple heading from National Airport to the area in Baltimore affected by the derailment of a CSX freight train.


Something about the report of "a train has derailed and exploded," on the traffic reports just kinda makes you feel that things won't bode well. Work-around was available and things went well.

Like I said, love my 'lil job !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment