WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Can't get there from here div


The nearly two years I spent being unemployed after I left the service were probably the worst of my life. 600 resumes and applications; three interviews, no offers. Manpower Services wasn't even taking applications during the Bush I recession. Thank heaven for the 1990 Census and some construction activity (sanding drywall is about as low as one can get). 
I really feel for those who have been smitten during this recession. Especially those over 50. I don't think they will ever get back to where they were. Of course, their age has nothing to do with their lack of success (snark).
But maybe someone in academia has hit the nail on the head.
I've been saying this for years. Employers don't want good help, they want cheap help...... and training?  that's an expense and the shareholders will never stand for spending "their" money on an expense line item, eh ?



Maybe all we really need is a tax cut, eh ?? Must be a reason for this somewhere out there:



(h/t Angry Bear)





No comments:

Post a Comment