WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

On the Road (or driving 4$$) div ....

Yesterday, I had to stand the van on it's nose to avoid an accident on the beltway. Set off the safety-cam, but I'll hopefully have it counted as a "save."

I can't understand why I'm one of the only people that can read the signs that say "RIGHT (or LEFT) LANE CLOSED AHEAD. Are they only readable with my magic glasses ?? Do the other drivers see MUFKL OKNE WLIFRJ KLAMT ??  It's a given that losing one lane on the Beltway due to sumpin' stoopid happenin' will snarl things up; but when there's more than enough notice to slow down, get over and pay attention ??

From my lofty perch, I see numerous cases of the ubiquitous cell-phone in the ear and worse, the thumbs in the lap ( that really can excite the sense of wonder). Yesterday I saw a cop doing it !!

Seems to be a given out there on the road that merging is a lost art and yielding is a sign of weakness. Add 'em up and you have the formula for gridlock.

At least someone else seems to be noticing.



No comments:

Post a Comment