WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Thursday, January 12, 2012

" ....... and to keep our Honor clean" div

WARNING - GRAPHIC POST
I was raised by a Marine. Though I served in a different branch of the military, I worked for Marines while on the Joint Staff. The most important thing expected from a Marine (and anyone they associate with) is integrity and honor.

War hardens those who participate. War is about killing. If you can de-humanize your enemy, it's much easier to justify his death and subsequent degradation. I guess these guys hadn't had a chance to read the manual. I'm sure that there are many who will refer to the stress of combat and accuse me of becoming a whining liberal, but that still doesn't justify this conduct. What's going to happen when one of our killed or worse yet wounded can't be recovered immediately ??

“When you're left wounded on Afganistan's plains and the women come out to cut up what remains, Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains, And go to your God like a soldier”


I remember guys back from the 'nam showing off pictures of severed VC heads. One guy boasted of having a string of dried ears (though I was never afforded a look). This stuff has been going on for ages, and both sides have done it; but that doesn't make it right and certainly doesn't make it honorable.





The Marines ARE better than this ......

No comments:

Post a Comment