WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Terrorism Div (gunfire subsection)

Just an observation: mass shootings have become the American equivalent of car bombs in the Middle East.

The part that flummoxes me is that they aren't called terrorist acts. If someone set off a car-bomb, it most certainly be so identified; but guns ?? Nah, just a "mentally deranged, lone wolf (or wolves)" and strangely, mostly committed by young Caucasian males.

Trust me, I know terrorism. I lived with it daily (and was present in Regent's Park on 20 July 1982   and additionally, had to redeploy and reroute a cruise missile convoy due to the Hungerford Massacre in 1987) when I resided in England and was present for the rampage of the "DC Sniper" - which caused so much mind bending terror. I remember being called  by a motorist who was afraid to buy gasoline and asked my advice.

Seems like that "well regulated militia" portion of our Constitution has been ignored by our spineless Congress.

Mr Obama keeps saying that "enough is enough." Trust me, there'll be more until people are so scared and/or fed up that something might be done ..... but, I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment