WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Monday, February 9, 2015

LOVE Div (Happy Chico Day subsection)

Well, it's that time of the year again.

Life has moved on for me. As a friend told me (in fact it was this morning), life is like the rear-view mirror in the car. The things that have been passed recede and become smaller (their memory never is forgotten) but we have to keep our attention focused on the road ahead.

I have been so very fortunate to have reunited with a love from my past and she's given me a future. I often tell people that I'm luckier (and trust me, luck played a huge part in our reunion) than I deserve to be; and I'm thankful for it every day. It's so wonderful to be part of an "us" again.

In preparation for my upcoming relocation, I've started to go through the accumulation of over thirty years-worth of stuff. As it happens, the first box I opened yesterday just happened to contain every letter and card I'd ever sent to Diana. There were also photos - many of which I couldn't place and some that brought back memories, both happy and poignant. The timing is a bit ironic.

I'm sure that the coming days will hold similar occurrences and that I'll laugh and cry as I remember the "blonde bombshell." Perhaps she's occasionally looking over my shoulder. I know she's happy for me.
But here's one of the pics ..... I forgotten taking this one ...... it's one of my favorites.





No comments:

Post a Comment