WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Little Sadurday Nite Bluegrass Div (LOVE Div Special)

A year ago today,  I began the last dance with my lovely Diana. I held her hand for over twelve hours until her spirit finally took flight and left me forever.

In the past year, I've experienced the depths of despair and overwhelming emptiness.
Craig Johnson, in one of the Longmire novels, once had characters describe losing a wife as losing part of yourself; and what's more, "when they're gone, you are left with the person who was with them when they were here ….. and sometimes, you don't recognize that person."

Recently, I was so very lucky to, totally unexpectedly, reunite and fall in love all over again with a wonderful woman I knew in the days before Diana's entry to my life. She has given my life a complete new beginning and meaning. I doubt very few men are so fortunate to experience the incredible opportunity of having two fulfilling lives and being able to share those lives with two wonderful women.

This lovely song by Martha Trachtenberg and performed by Nothin' Fancy very well  explains where I am in my life …. tho' I don't live for the past, In my dreams I still dance, and remember ……..



Nothin' Fancy: Mike Andes - Mandolin, Mitchell Davis - Banjo, Chris Sexton - Fiddle, Tony
Shorter - Bass and Jessee Smathers - Guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment