WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

LOVE Div ..........( Happy Anniversary Subsection )


Thirty-one years ago I said, "I Do," and became a wonderful lady's husband. Today, I'm not.

I was pretty lucky in her saying "yes" when I asked since (as I was later informed) the next morning she and a friend were going to sign the lease for a Hallmark Card store.

The choice of Halloween had nothing to do with the association of that particular holiday with either of our beliefs (though I'm sure she bewitched me in some way); it was simply the only day she could find open to rent an available banquet place to hold the event. Over the years, it's always led to questions and laughter on the part of anyone learning the date.

I guess this year, I won't be celebrating. Only a couple can celebrate their anniversary. I can remember the occasion, but its celebration isn't intended to be a solo flight - - it requires a co-pilot to help run the checklist. 

The counting of our completed years ended for us in September and today will be simply another Halloween.



I miss you Diana ..........................

Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment