WHAT YOU MAY FIND HERE

RANTS, RAVINGS and RUMINATIONS along with
RAUCOUS RIBALDRY and RAMBLING REFLECTIONS

Monday, July 29, 2013

Walkies ..... Div

I try to get my old bones out for a walk two or three times a week. Today, around the lake and took the camera. Weather is comparable to late May or early June ( as opposed to a week ago where the only polite, descriptive word would be "brutal").  We've also been fortunate here in the mid-Atlantic to be receiving plenty of rain .... so things are really green with the trees and flowers blooming everywhere. Thus, a plethora of nectar sippers and pollinators.

Here's todays keeper ........ a Giant Swallowtail butterfly (I think) and a honeybee.

Don't ask me what the plant is. My plant identification ends with "oh shit, is that poison ivy?" Flower recognition consists of "flower" preceded by the appropriate color,  ie "Blue flower," etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment